This generous recipe makes enough for twelve! It is full of vegetables - tomatoes (of course), carrots, celery, potatoes, red and green peppers - and is seasoned with basil, oregano, Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 4 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (29 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 7 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 8 potatoes, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Combine canned tomatoes and clams together with juices in a large stock pot. Stir in oregano, basil, sauces, and onion powder. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add vegetables, and simmer for 2 to 3 hours. Stir occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve.