Stuff hearty tubes of cooked manicotti with a fabulously rich blend of ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley. Blanket with spaghetti sauce and bake to perfection for a tummy-pleasing dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti pasta
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 (32 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and cool on waxed paper or aluminum foil to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; fill manicotti with cheese mixture.
In a 9x13 inch baking dish, spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom and arrange manicotti in a single layer; cover with remaining sauce. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes longer; serve.