Easy to prepare, this light and delicious banana dessert is topped with vanilla ice cream and maple syrup sauce. It's great for your small gatherings.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 5 tablespoons fruit cocktail juice
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained and juice reserved
- 6 large scoops vanilla ice cream
Warm 5 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in maple syrup. Then stir in rum, fruit cocktail juice, and lemon juice to taste. Remove from heat, and set aside.
Warm 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Place halved bananas in skillet and fry on both sides until golden and a bit crisp on the edges.
Place bananas cut-side up on dessert plates. Spoon 1 or 2 tablespoonfuls of fruit cocktail into the center of each banana. Lay a scoop of ice cream on top. Then drizzle with maple sauce.