Lots and lots of black olives and lots of marinated artichoke hearts go into this chilled broccoli salad. Everything is chilled overnight in an Italian dressing/marinade. Crisp, crunchy and delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 (6 ounce) cans jumbo black olives, sliced
- 2 (6.5 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, red onion, olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and green onions.
Add the dressing, toss, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. The dressing will serve as a marinade and the vegetables will remain fresh, crunchy, yet easy to chew!