Lime zest, lime juice, gold tequila and honey flavor the sauce for this dish. This is similar to the recipe from a well-known restaurant chain.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons gold tequila
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 avocado - pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
Preheat oven to Broil.
Combine the lime zest, lime juice, tequila, honey, oil, cornstarch, garlic salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring, to thicken the sauce.
Broil chicken breasts for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through (no longer pink inside). Baste with prepared sauce for last 5 minutes of cooking time.
To serve, arrange a folded tortilla on each of 4 plates; add a chicken breast, 2 tomato wedges and some avocado chunks. Drizzle chicken with remaining sauce and garnish with 2 lime wedges.