Hearty and simple. A splash of lemon juice and garlic dress the romaine, bacon, tomatoes and two kinds of cheese in this salad. Don 't forget the toasted almonds! Serves four.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine the Romaine, bacon, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, almonds and croutons. Add enough dressing to coat; toss and serve.