Simple ingredients like molasses, ketchup and ginger come together to create a delicious marinade for steak. It's also great on pork and chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
In a medium bowl, mix molasses, ketchup, ground ginger, thyme, black pepper, distilled white vinegar, hot pepper sauce and garlic powder. Place desired meat in mixture. Marinate in the refrigerator 3 hours or longer before grilling.