An Australian recipe which is perfect for Summer barbecues. The chicken can also be served warm, for a Winter alternative!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse grained prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocados - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews
In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons plum sauce, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, sesame seeds, and basil. Add chicken, and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink, and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Allow to cool, then cut into bite-size strips.
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce. Mix in cooked pasta, chicken, and Cheddar cheese. Gently stir in sliced avocado and cashews just before serving.