This recipe from Cook's Ham is a delight to serve. Ham steaks marinate in a sweet sauce made with apple, honey, and soy sauce, then they are quickly grilled and served with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 Cook's® brand Bone-in Ham Steaks
- Fresh rosemary sprigs to garnish
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 (1 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) cooking apple, peeled and grated
Prepare marinade: combine all ingredients except ham & rosemary in bowl, mix well. Pour marinade over ham steaks in dish, turning to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Prepare charcoal or gas grill. Place ham steaks on grill over medium heat.
Grill ham steaks 3 to 5 minutes per side, turning once and brushing with extra marinade. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.