The contrast of red potatoes and green beans makes this salad pretty to look at. And the garden-fresh taste lives up to the eye appeal.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cook 20 minutes or until very tender. Add beans; cook 2 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Drain well.
Drain artichokes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade; chop artichokes. Add artichokes and olives to potato mixture.
Combine reserved 2 tablespoons marinade, vinegar, and the remaining ingredients. Drizzle dressing over salad, tossing to coat. Cover and chill.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 136 (25% from fat); FAT 3.8g (sat 0.6g, mono 2.7g, poly 0.4g); PROTEIN 3.8g; CARB 23.4g; FIBER 2.7g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 2.2mg; SODIUM 342mg; CALC 38mg