A warm lovely vinaigrette dressing, with just a bit of sugar, is poured over a bowl of fresh and canned veggies and popped into the fridge. Twenty-four hours you have green bean-corn-celery-pea-corn-pimento-delight.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can shoe peg corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimentos
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
Mix together the peas, corn, green beans, pimentos, celery, bell pepper and onion.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, black pepper, salt, oil and vinegar. Bring to a boil and pour over salad; mix well to coat. Refrigerate for 24 hours.