This salad consists of green cabbage, onions, cilantro, tomatoes, bacon bits, almonds, and sesame oil. This is a favorite of everyone I make it for, and they ask me to bring it to every gathering they invite me to. It's yummy!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon crumbled dried red chile pepper
- 1/2 cup imitation bacon bits
- 1 cup slivered almonds
In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, green onions, cilantro, and tomato.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the sesame oil, black pepper, and chili pepper until heated through. Mix in the bacon bits and almonds. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, until almonds are lightly browned. Remove from heat, and toss with the cabbage mixture. Serve immediately.