A blend of herbs, tomato juice, and mango chutney makes a barbeque sauce you will want to try on anything you can think to grill!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
In a blender or food processor, place onions, chutney, olive oil, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Blend to a thick pulp.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, blend the onion mixture with the lemon zest, tomato juice, oregano, rosemary, dried mixed herbs, granulated garlic, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.