Cream cheese and lime gelatin are stirred into a melted marshmallow and lemon-lime soda mixture in this creamy chilled salad with mayonnaise, whipped topping, pineapple and nuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 7 fluid ounces lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
In a saucepan, combine the carbonated beverage and marshmallows. Stir over medium heat until marshmallows melt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Add the gelatin and cream cheese and mix until gelatin is dissolved.
Add the pineapple and juice, pecans, mayonnaise and whipped topping. Mix well and pour into a 7x11 inch dish and chill until set.