Crunchy pecan-crusted chicken is enhanced with the heady aroma and taste of cinnamon.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pinch white sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a small bowl, mix the eggs with the milk. Put aside.
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, seasoning, cinnamon, pecans, sugar, and salt and pepper.
Dip the chicken in the egg mix, and press in the pecan mix.
Fry in hot olive oil until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Check to make sure pecans don't burn. Place on paper towel to drain.