Most people hate Brussels sprouts but they are very tasty in this rich, lower-fat dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 cup peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente; drain immediately. Keep pasta warm.
Meanwhile in a medium saucepan on high heat, combine the cup of water, vegetable bouillon, tarragon, red pepper and oregano. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the Brussels sprouts, green beans, potatoes, carrots and onion. Turn the stove down to medium heat and let the vegetables cook until tender.
Stir the 2 tablespoons of water into the vegetable mixture and add the sour cream and the flour or cornstarch. Stir well and cook until thickened and bubbly. Serve the vegetable mixture over the warm spaghetti and top with Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.