Genuine Chesapeake Bay cuisine, this soup contains lima beans, corn, carrots, onions and Maryland blue back-fin crab meat and crab claws. Old Bay seasoning is required for authentic taste.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup fresh lima beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 pound blue crab crabmeat
- 10 blue crab claws, steamed (optional)
- 1 gallon water
Place whole tomatoes, water, lima beans, corn, sliced carrots, chopped onion, Old Bay seasoning, and beef broth, in a 4 quart pot. Heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
Bring 1 gallon water to boil. Add crab claws and boil 6 minutes. Drain crab and set aside
Stir crabmeat (and crabs claws, if desired) into tomato and vegetable mixture. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes longer. Serve hot.