Horseradish and plenty of green onions give these tasty taters an exciting flavor that will grab the attention of even the most seasoned mashed potato eaters!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender, about 25 minutes; drain.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in green onions, and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Mix green onions, horseradish, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, milk, pepper and salt with potatoes. Mash together with a potato masher.