This is a great way to spice up plain old mashed potatoes! This recipe brings butter, sour cream, horseradish and parsley together with potatoes for a delicious side dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 5 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, and mash with 1 tablespoon butter and black pepper. Stir in sour cream, horseradish and parsley. Whip potatoes and place in medium serving bowl.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter and pour over potatoes. Serve immediately.