Wow! Wasabi! These potatoes have a uniquely Asian flair and make a perfect accompaniment to an Asian marinated steak or a sesame encrusted salmon.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 pounds Russett Potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Wasabi Powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
Fill large pot halfway with water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Add potatoes; bring to a boil. Boil until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes; return to pot.
Combine half & half and wasabi powder in a small bowl. Stir until wasabi is dissolved.
Add wasabi mixture, butter, garlic and black pepper to potatoes. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth.