This fun and easy cookie can be decorated by the kids and enjoyed with the whole family.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- cinnamon sugar, colored sugar, etc.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat sugar, butter, vanilla, nutmeg, and egg in large bowl until smooth. Gradually stir in flour.
Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into balls. Place dough ball on ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Press dough gently with bottom of lightly floured, flat-bottomed glass. Cookie should be about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
Bake 8-10 minutes, or until edges are just golden brown. Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute, then remove to wire rack. Cool. Store in airtight container up to one week.