Get a burst of flavor from this traditional Texas style chili, better known in Texas as 'bowl of red.'
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- Spice Blend:
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® California Style Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Season-All® Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Red Pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons water
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add beef; brown on all sides. Remove beef; set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in saucepan. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes.
Stir in browned beef, spices and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Mix flour and water until smooth. Slowly stir into chili. Simmer 15 minutes or until desired thickness. Serve with shredded cheese and chopped onion, if desired.