Tender, boneless chicken breasts are marinated in sun dried tomato dressing, grilled with sweet bell peppers, and served atop a crunchy romaine bed sprinkled with feta and olives.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups sun-dried tomato and oregano salad dressing
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 head romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup black olives, drained
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato and oregano salad dressing
In a shallow dish, arrange chicken breasts and evenly cover with 1 cup of the salad dressing. Cover tightly and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to an hour.
Preheat your grill to high heat. While grill is preheating, arrange lettuce, olives and feta cheese in a salad bowl.
Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill. Cook chicken breasts for 6 to 8 minutes per side. Arrange peppers on grill, and baste with the reserved 1/2 cup dressing. (Don't use the leftover chicken marinade!) The peppers will need only a few minutes - be careful not to burn them!
Remove chicken and peppers from the grill and, when cool enough to handle, slice into strips. Arrange peppers and chicken on top of the salad and serve with the last 1/2 cup of dressing.