Chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese are the stand-out ingredients in this easy and remarkably flavorful chilled salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into strips
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
In a bowl, mix the garbanzo beans, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, onion, garlic, and cilantro. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt, and pour over the salad. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.