According to recent studies, a Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest diets around. This marinated salad made with olive oil and garden fresh vegetables is a good introduction to this healthy eating style.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 cups roughly chopped raw vegetables (I like a combination of carrots, red onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, green or red bell peppers, and zucchini)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Toss all ingredients together.
This recipe was originally featured in the USA WEEKEND article The Healthiest Diet Ever on December 19, 2004.
Stop aging now! Check out hints and tips on eating smart from Jean Carper.