This one-step soup is full of broccoli and chicken seasoned with basil, oregano, rosemary and a hint of garlic.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 leaves fresh basil
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon, crumbled
In a large pot, combine bell pepper, onion, celery (reserve leaves for garnish), broccoli, corn, chicken and garlic. Season with basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir bouillon into mixture and pour in enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally.