Tucked between slices of SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread is a smoky chicken salad made with slivered almonds, grapes, and fresh basil.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package skinless smoked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup low-fat, low sodium mayonnaise
- 6 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 12 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread
In a large bowl, combine the smoked chicken, grapes, red onion, celery, basil, almonds and mayonnaise. Mix well; chill for about 30 minutes.
To serve, spoon about 3/4 cup of the salad onto 6 slices of bread. Top each one with a lettuce leaf, and remaining slices of bread.
The original recipe, Mendocino Chicken Salad, was submitted by Kristine, and contains 391 calories, 34.5 g fat, 31 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 12.8 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, and 10.5 g protein.