My burger combines delicious toppings with a mild heat and a great taste on an English muffin.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 3 slices Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 2 inch wide strips
- 3 jumbo English muffins, split and toasted
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
Divide the ground beef into three even portions. Season each one with some hot pepper sauce. I ball up the meat, and poke my finger into it, then fill the hole with hot sauce. Flatten into patties just a little larger than the English muffins.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cover, and cook the beef patties for about 4 minutes per side, or until well done. Top each patty with two pieces of cheese in an criss cross pattern. Cover, and turn off the heat.
Arrange the toasted English muffins on a serving plate. Spread the bottom half with a thin coating of Dijon mustard. Place a few slices of avocado over the mustard, and use a fork to mash into the nooks and crannies. Place the beef patties on top of the avocado, and top with a layer of green chilies. Plop the other halves of the English muffins on top. Serve and enjoy!