Seasoned black beans, salsa and red bell pepper partnered with chicken make a robust and spicy meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (20 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
Arrange the chicken pieces in a 3 quart casserole dish or a 9x13 inch baking dish. Combine the salsa, red bell pepper, cumin, lemon juice, chili powder and garlic. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Pour the black beans on top and cover. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve with rice if desired.