Self-rising cornmeal and flour make this robust cornbread even easier to mix up. Just add Cheddar cheese, onion, green pepper and hot jalapeno for a great taste sensation. The corn flavor is intensified with creamed corn.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 chopped green chile peppers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, Cheddar cheese, onion, green pepper and jalapeno. Stir in eggs, creamed corn and milk. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.