This is a layered salad that begins with a batch of green chili cornbread placed in the bottom of a bowl. Next come the other goodies - beans, peppers, corn, bacon bits, tomatoes, cheese and dressing. When you run out of layers, pop into the fridge to ch
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry corn bread mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Ranch-style salad dressing
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 green onions
Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions, adding green chiles. Set aside, allow to cool and crumble.
Place half of cornbread in bottom of large bowl. Evenly layer with 1 can of beans, 1 cup salad dressing, 1/2 chopped bell pepper, 1 can corn, 1 chopped tomato, 1/2 jar bacon bits, 1/2 package cheese and 1/2 green onions. Repeat layers in same order using remaining ingredients, beginning with crumbled cornbread.
Cover, refrigerate 2 hours and serve chilled.