Cool summer vegetables and warm spices make for a colorful, zesty salad!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, corn, tomatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and red wine vinegar. Season with crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, cumin, cilantro, salt, and black pepper. Cover, and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.