I'm not sure why it's called lasagna, but it is very good. A beef and refried bean mixture is buried in melted cheeses. Try serving it for a New Years or Superbowl party.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Place ground beef and onions in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until onions are soft and ground beef is evenly brown. Remove from heat.
Drain beef and mix in salsa, refried beans, green chile peppers and black olives. Transfer mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with cream cheese slices. Top with Cheddar cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.