Tender pork chops are cooked up Mexican-style with tomatoes, corn, beans, and rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the pork chops about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chops from skillet and drain oil.
Mix the tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, rice, chilies, and salt into the skillet. Bring liquid to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute, until heated through. Transfer the tomato mixture to a baking dish. Arrange the browned pork chops over the mixture.
Bake covered 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes, until rice is tender and pork has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).