The dressing of olive oil, lime juice and honey is a nice addition to this traditional bean/corn/pepper/tomato salad. And the jalapeno peppers add a nice bite. A perfect filling for a fluffy brunch omelet, or to spoon onto a serving of scrambled eggs.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 roma (plum) tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
In a large bowl, combine the black beans, garbanzo beans, corn, onion, jalapenos, red bell pepper, cilantro, tomato, olive oil, lime juice, honey, pepper and salt. Mix well and allow to sit 1 hour before serving.