This Tex-Mex recipe was a big hit when brought it to work. My shift starts at 7 AM the dip was gone by 8 AM. With many requests for the recipe!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9 inch pie plate with vegetable oil spray.
Press cream cheese evenly onto the bottom of the pie plate.
In a large skillet, brown the hamburger. Drain excess fat. Mix in the taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat before mixing in salsa and jalapenos. Pour the beef mixture over the cream cheese in the pie plate. Sprinkle the Mexican-style cheese over the entire dish.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until the cheese has melted.