I made this recipe the other day when I was hungry for hummus but didn't have all the ingredients. Italian-style salad dressing adds a nice zest to an otherwise traditional favorite. Garnish with the unused half of the red pepper or spinach. Serve with
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 cup creamy salad dressing, e.g. Miracle Whip ™
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
In a food processor, blend the garbanzo beans, Italian-style salad dressing, creamy salad dressing, 1/2 red bell pepper, oregano, garlic powder and sesame seeds.
Spread on a bagel or pita, garnish with spinach and the leftover bell pepper, or serve as a dip with crackers, garnish with bell pepper cubes.