Fresh asparagus is cooked in the microwave then tossed with nuts and greens and drizzled with a tangy balsamic vinegar dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 24 medium stalks asparagus
- 4 cups Italian-style salad greens with radicchio
- 4 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Trim, peel and rinse asparagus (do not dry). Place spears flat, two or three deep, in a glass pie plate or similar dish. Cover tightly with microwavable plastic wrap and microwave on high 2 1/2 to 5 minutes, depending on wattage.
Whisk together dressing ingredients, pour over asparagus and marinate in refrigerator until cool.
Divide greens onto four salad plates; top each with six asparagus spears.
Drizzle with equal amounts of dressing, and top with hazelnuts.