Chuck roast, piquant seasonings, liquid smoke, and beer or cola are combined in a slow cooker. This makes good filling for sandwiches or tortillas.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 5 pounds chuck roast
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 fluid ounces beer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chile peppers, chopped
Using a sharp knife, poke several 1 inch deep holes in the roast. Insert the garlic slivers into the holes.
In a small bowl, combine the paprika, celery salt, garlic powder, parsley, ground black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper and seasoned salt. Mix together well and rub over the meat.
In a separate small bowl, combine the beer OR cola, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and liquid smoke and mix well. Place the roast in a slow cooker and pour this mixture over the meat.
Add the onion, green bell pepper and jalapeno chile peppers to the slow cooker.
Cook on low setting for 10 hours, or more, if desired.