Thinly sliced pork stir-fried with bell peppers, celery, Brussels sprouts, and more. The use of fresh herbs add bright, fresh flavor to this dish without needing added salt.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound pork loin, sliced and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 5 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 4 sprigs Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (1/2 inch) pieces fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1/2 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork strips, and fry until almost browned. Add red, yellow, and green bell peppers, carrot, and Brussels sprouts, and toss to coat with oil. Pour in enough water to coat the bottom of the pan, and cook stirring constantly, until the peppers begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium, and stir in garlic, onion, parsley, and celery. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, add ginger, simmer for a few more minutes, then stir in water chestnuts and mint. Simmer for 2 to 3 more minutes to blend flavors. When done, serve and enjoy. Your tastebuds will love you for this treat!