A Southwestern-style layered dip that trips you up with a few surprise additions--soy sauce, for one!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
- 8 ounces finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Cream together cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Spread this mixture into a 9x13 inch glass dish. Layer salsa, green onions, black olives, lettuce, cheddar cheese and tomatoes over the cream cheese mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and gently press the ingredients down to tighten the layers. Chill before serving.