Tofu and potatoes are cooked in an exotic blend of herbs, spices, and coconut milk.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 slices fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 stalks lemon grass, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups cubed firm tofu
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 14 fluid ounces water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
In a blender or food processor, grind the ginger root, garlic, cashews, lemon grass, and onions into a paste.
Heat olive oil in a medium wok over low heat. Stir in the blended mixture and red pepper flakes. Gradually mix in the curry powder.
Place tofu in the wok, and cook until heated through. Mix in the coconut milk, water, and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Season with salt and sugar.