A versatile, meatless tomato sauce - great for pasta or just about any recipe that calls for a thick, flavorful, tomato-based sauce!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender.
In a slow cooker, mix the onion and remaining oil, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato puree, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, sugar, and pepper.
Cover slow cooker, and cook sauce 8 hours on Low.