Sweet and fruity, the perfect summertime treat!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Slice the strawberries and combine them with sugar, corn starch and red food coloring (if desired). Mix well. In a medium saucepan cook the strawberry mixture over medium heat until thickened. Set aside to cool.
Cream together 2 tablespoons of pineapple syrup and cream cheese. Spread mixture in the bottom of the pastry shell. Slice the bananas on top of the cream cheese and pour the drained pineapple tidbits over the top of the bananas. Pour the strawberry mixture over the cream cheese/banana filling. Add your favorite whipped topping and sprinkle the top with toasted coconut and nuts. Serve.