The filling for this delicious pie is made with lots of confectioners ' sugar combined with beaten eggs, butter, a bit of vanilla and softened cream cheese. It 's spooned into a prepared crust and covered with a pineapple and pecan whipped cream topping.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
Beat eggs until lemon colored. This may take 5 to 10 minutes and is important to the consistency of the pie.
In a separate large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar and beaten eggs, and combine. Add vanilla, mix until smooth, and pour into pie shell.
Whip cream until stiff, then fold in pineapple and pecans. Spread on top of filling.
Refrigerate and serve cold.