Eggplant deluxe! Put a little kick in your next eggplant feast.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 large eggplant, peeled, cubed and boiled until soft
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups crumbled cornbread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Mash the eggplant in water; drain off excess water.
Thoroughly mix eggplant, butter, eggs, cheese and soup. Season with sage, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
Pour mixture into a medium casserole dish, crumble cornbread onto the top of the casserole, and bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven.