A contrast of tastes.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup prepared mincemeat pie filling
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl, mixing well. Add the eggs and heavy cream. Beat until smooth using a rotary or electric mixer. Stir in the mincemeat and pour into the unbaked pie shell.
Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 35 minutes or until the filling is set. Cool slightly on a wire rack and serve warm.