This beef chili with beans has a bit of a kick with hot salsa and a healthy dose of chili powder.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar hot salsa
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown. Stir in onion, celery and bell pepper and cook until vegetables are tender.
Combine beef mixture with tomatoes, kidney beans and salsa in a slow cooker. Season with sugar, cayenne, chili powder, basil and oregano. Cook 8 hours on low. Then refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before reheating and serving.