Mini Reuben Sandwiches are quickly made on cocktail rye and broiled for an open-faced hot appetizer that is sure to please!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (1 pound) loaf cocktail rye bread
- 1 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 1/2 pounds deli sliced corned beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 pound sliced Swiss cheese
Preheat the oven's broiler.
Arrange cocktail rye slices on a baking sheet. Top each one with about 2 teaspoons of thousand island salad dressing, then fold about 1/2 slice of corned beef to fit the bread, and lay over the dressing. Place a small amount of sauerkraut over the meat, then top with 1/4 slice of the Swiss cheese, or a slice about as big as the bread.
Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve warm.