If you like chocolate and mint, you'll love these cookies.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 8 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup chocolate covered creamy mints
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with aluminum foil or baking parchment.
Chop chocolates and mints. Place the chocolates and mints in the top part of a double boiler over medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the butter until soft. Add vanilla and sugar and mix well. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the melted chocolate. Sift together the flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add to mixture and stir until well blended. Drop by tablespoon at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes until lightly colored. Let cool on wire racks.